MOAR REMIXES!!!! The Legion of Doom (DJ Nick Castle and Thelonious Martin) take a Brandy and Grand Puba acapella and make it their bitch. Soundcloud stream and download link for the track AND the instrumental below.
Chicago beatsmith Thelonious Martin and DJ Nick Castle come together to form the duo The Legion of Doom. As Legion of Doom these two take your favorite acapellas and reupholster the shit out of them with some new original, ugly-face hip-hop beats. For this go round they give Big L’s classic single “Put It On” a new spin, flipping an all-too-familiar Bob James sample. And let me go on record to say I have no idea how I missed these two guys’ collaborative work. I really must’ve been living under a rock for the last few. I’m actually somewhat embarrassed…Don’t make the same mistake as me. Soundcloud stream and download below.
SXSW has officially begun! It’s hard to believe that it’s been two years since our Quality! showcase at SXSW. This year, we’ve teamed up with Stones Throw and Insect Records to put together a really dope producer showcase. We’ve got some amazing talent on board: Georgia Anne Muldrow, Dudley Perkins, B. Lewis, Thelonious Martin, Jonwayne, Computer Jay, Jonti, Kone, SelfSays, Hawthorne Headhunters, Soundfounders and more. It’s going to be a lovely evening of good music, drinks and live artwork at the Volstead. Fortunately, most of the Blind I staff will be in Austin this year so come check us out (8pm-2am) and spread the word.
Chicago producer Thelonious Martin made this beat tape in the early hours yesterday for your listening pleasure. As the title clearly states, it’s 10 minutes of funk/soul. Definitely add it to your rotation for the day and since it’s so short, you’ll keep hitting refresh. If you’re going to be at SXSW, Blind I and Stones Throw are hosting a producer showcase that Thelonious will be a part of. Get familiar!
THELONIOUS MARTIN- 10.MINUTE.TAPE [BANDCAMP]
I stopped what I was doing to immediately check out and post $ulaiman’s new project Past Perfect. The phrase “steel sharpens steel” usually applies to a symbiotic relationship, but when it comes to Suli, he’s sharpening his own skills through diligence, hard work and consistency. I’ve listened to every tape he’s put out (check the archives) and this project shows incredible range. Whether production wise or lyrically, there is something for everyone on Past Perfect. Songs to groove to, zone out to, dance to. A little bit of everything! I pulled out a few of my favorites for you but do yourself a favor and hit the skip for the tracklist, link and some recent footage of him at Onyx 2.0. #Church
If you haven’t heard of Thelonious Martin yet, get in tune you dumbass. This 18 year old producer is making waves on the production tip with a bugged style that’s fresh as fuck. So fresh, in fact, that even I had to partake over a couple of his beats, and I don’t just fuck with anyone. His latest project, ‘Super‘, is inspired by all of those dope little shorts in between the Adult Swim programming that always make you bob your head (II) but they never last long enough. Thelonious decided to give you that sensation and then some, with 16 tracks of dopeness. For more info and to download Super, hit the jump players. Indulge!
› Continue reading
It’s November already? Crazy how time flies when you’re having fun. In this month’s installment of Blind I Says GO!, I’ve included 20 of the dopest tracks I could find, and I must say this is the joint I made a copy of IMMEDIATELY and threw in the whip. I dare you to want to skip any song in the process of this stellar mix. New shit from Kid Cudi, GLC, Chip Tha Ripper, Nicole Wray, Kanye West, Gzus Piece, Consequence, Nottz, Snoop Dogg, Royce Da 5’9, N.E.R.D., Fam-Lay, Yelawolf, Gucci Mane, AZ, Kendrick Lamar, Ash Riser, Thelonious Martin, Pusha T, Pharrell, Pete Rock, Jay-Z, Charlie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield, Wale, Freeway, Lupe Fiasco, Cee-Lo Green, Common, Jennifer Hudson, and yours truly, Sulaiman. All in all it’s a dope ass listen…and if you don’t believe me, I’ve decided to do something unique and upload the entire duration of this month’s Blind I Says GO! to our Soundcloud page so you can try before you buy nahmsayin? So hit the download link now if you’re ready to GO!, or hit the jump to check out the streaming preview. GO!
› Continue reading
- J DILLA’S RECORD COLLECTION
- ART DONT SLEEP PRESENTS: 12 REASONS TO DIE W/ GHOSTFACE KILLAH x ADRIAN YOUNGE RECORD RELEASE/TICKET GIVEAWAY
- THEMPEOPLE – SMOKE BREAKS || DOPE INSPIRES DOPE
- VIDEO: VIC SPENCER (@VICSPENCER) – DUCK SAUCE (FT. MC TREE @MCTREEG)
- VIDEO: CHANCE THE RAPPER (@CHANCETHERAPPER) – JUICE
- VIDEO: LILI K (@LILIKJAZZ) – NEVER EVER
- VIDEO: YANCEY BOYS – THE THROWAWAY
- ART DON’T SLEEP PRESENTS “THAT 70′S SOUL”
- VIDEO: KAVINSKY – PROTOVISION
- LEGION OF DOOM – ALL DISRESPECT INTENDED
- CLOUDEATER – HYBRID HEART (MESCK REMIX)
- LILI K AND PETER COTTONTALE – METAL PETALS
- STRONG ARM STEADY & OH NO – NO SKY LIMIT (SMOKE ON REMIX) FEAT. DOM KENNEDY
- VIDEO: KARRIEM RIGGINS – SUMMER MADNESS
- MIX: DEECH – 30 MINUTE MIX 4 ACTIVIA BENZ
- Mary on VIDEO: KARRIEM RIGGINS – SUMMER MADNESS
- Smallfirmsbigopportunity.com on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- eyluba on ADD US ON LAST.FM!
- A CONCERNED NIGGA on BLIND I PRESENTS THE NEPTUNES – DECEMVIR
- formal dresses come in all price ranges8 on TALIB KWELI & RES as IDLE WARSHIP LIVE
- best rate loan on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- David l on A CHALLENGE FROM BUSTA RHYMES
- unsecured loans on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- best loan offers on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- matcha green tea on JAY ELECTRONICA F/ DIDDY-THE GHOST OF CHRISTOPHER WALLACE
Blind I was created with one single aim: to eradicate wackness and promote freshness for the youth. We pride ourselves on creating a portal by which the future leaders of the world can study the freshness factor of those successful people in society and use that factor to procure a position atop the socio-economic ladder. We are influential in many areas of entertainment; from the newest & freshest music, to superb style, movies, news, technology, and everything else that affects a fly individual's life. Blind I is a multimedia corporation designed and operated by connoisseurs of all tastes and trades related to freshness. The company stands as a symbol for the ingenuity of young professionals and as a salute to excellence through a display of natural style & grace.