Okayplayer is hosting their annual Holiday Jammy Tuesday December 15th at BB Kings in Time Square. The show will feature The Roots and special guests, a special OkayAFrica set with Bajah + the Dry Eye Crew, plus DJ Brainchild on the 1s and 2s.
You can never go wrong with seeing The Roots for free!
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The energy in New York City’s Hiro Ballroom was crazy Wednesday night at the Digiwaxx/MySpace Ghostface Killah show. Right on time for the release of Ghostdini The Wizard of Poetry in Emerald City, everyone from Redman, Large Professor to UGod blessed the stage. Check it out! And if you haven’t already, go pick up the album.
Decon & MySpace Present
FREE SHOW with:
DJ Parler on the decks!
@ Santos Party House
96 Lafayette Street, NYC
Doors at 8pm â€“ Early Show Starts Immediately
Tickets available at Fat Beats â€“ 406 Avenue of the Americas (upstairs)
or RSVP to email@example.com
If you consider yourself a true Dilla fan and you’re in NYC, come out and support the musical tribute and lupus awareness fundraiser: Ladies Love Dilla on February 6th in Brooklyn. Peep below for details.
For all you art and fashion fans, this Chanel exhibit recently debut in NYC’s Central Park.Â Check out the NYMag video and the official website, and if you’re in the city stop by!Â I’ve heard good things. Plus, its Free 99.
An anonymous 25-year-old artist by the name of “Poster Boy” is switching up ads in NYC subways like crazy. He inconspicuously alters posters and makes them obscene,Â satirical or simply thought-provoking. According to NYmag.com, he has manipulated over 200 this year. Naturally, the MTA snatches them down quickly, but here is a gallery of some of his finest. Gotta love the Mos Def “New World Water.” Yes!
Our in-house BMX nut $ may appreciate this one
But alright alright, I think BMX’ers might have won their way into my heart after 14 years of me having to skate behind them on ledges they chunked up rails they dented :-p
I KEED I KEED (well…kinda) › Continue reading
New York City is testing a small batch of LED streetlights (6) that redesign not only the light, but the entire lamppost as well. With current bulbs rated for about 24,000 hours, the new LED models, which rate for between 50,000 and 70,000 hours, would be a huge upgrade. In addition to lasting longer AND looking fresher, the LEDs would also use 25% to 30% less energy and emit no harmful chemicals or toxins when discarded. If the initial test goes well look for the cities to start slowly replacing the old joints with these fancy shmancy upgrades. I swear we’re getting closer and closer to some Minority Report ish!
- J DILLA’S RECORD COLLECTION
- ART DONT SLEEP PRESENTS: 12 REASONS TO DIE W/ GHOSTFACE KILLAH x ADRIAN YOUNGE RECORD RELEASE/TICKET GIVEAWAY
- THEMPEOPLE – SMOKE BREAKS || DOPE INSPIRES DOPE
- VIDEO: VIC SPENCER (@VICSPENCER) – DUCK SAUCE (FT. MC TREE @MCTREEG)
- VIDEO: CHANCE THE RAPPER (@CHANCETHERAPPER) – JUICE
- VIDEO: LILI K (@LILIKJAZZ) – NEVER EVER
- VIDEO: YANCEY BOYS – THE THROWAWAY
- ART DON’T SLEEP PRESENTS “THAT 70′S SOUL”
- VIDEO: KAVINSKY – PROTOVISION
- LEGION OF DOOM – ALL DISRESPECT INTENDED
- CLOUDEATER – HYBRID HEART (MESCK REMIX)
- LILI K AND PETER COTTONTALE – METAL PETALS
- STRONG ARM STEADY & OH NO – NO SKY LIMIT (SMOKE ON REMIX) FEAT. DOM KENNEDY
- VIDEO: KARRIEM RIGGINS – SUMMER MADNESS
- MIX: DEECH – 30 MINUTE MIX 4 ACTIVIA BENZ
- formal dresses come in all price ranges8 on TALIB KWELI & RES as IDLE WARSHIP LIVE
- best rate loan on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- David l on A CHALLENGE FROM BUSTA RHYMES
- unsecured loans on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- best loan offers on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- matcha green tea on JAY ELECTRONICA F/ DIDDY-THE GHOST OF CHRISTOPHER WALLACE
- Jeannette on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- Junior on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- best unsecured loan on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- loan broker on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
Blind I was created with one single aim: to eradicate wackness and promote freshness for the youth. We pride ourselves on creating a portal by which the future leaders of the world can study the freshness factor of those successful people in society and use that factor to procure a position atop the socio-economic ladder. We are influential in many areas of entertainment; from the newest & freshest music, to superb style, movies, news, technology, and everything else that affects a fly individual's life. Blind I is a multimedia corporation designed and operated by connoisseurs of all tastes and trades related to freshness. The company stands as a symbol for the ingenuity of young professionals and as a salute to excellence through a display of natural style & grace.