NYC! Blind I is giving away FIVE tickets to see Tiron & Ayomari, Blu, Chris Turner, Kooley High, Scienze, Fresh Daily and DJ Prince, February 1st at Public Assembly in Brooklyn. All you have to do to enter is follow us on Twitter and shoot us an email telling us why you’re a deserving Blind I faithful (email@example.com). We will announce the winners on Monday! In the meantime, if you don’t have the headliners’ new music check out Tiron & Ayomari’s A Sucker For Pumps and Blu x Exile’s Give Me My Flowers While I Can Smell Them.
YES, YES, YES, we’re at it again this year for CMJ with the 2nd annual ONYX showcase featuring some of Blind I’s favorite acts! The lineup is crazy, as we’ve got dope ass performances lined up from The Stuyvesants, yours truly (Sulaiman), Tennille, L.E. for the Uncool, Raj Mahal, Carlitta Durand, and TiRon & Ayomari! A very soulful, dope-filled roster of talent to make the night of Wednesday, October 19th at Southpaw in Brooklyn a night to remember! Pre sale tickets are available at http://onyx2cmj.eventbrite.com or if you just scan the QR code on the flyer. CMJ badge holders will be granted free access to the festivities, we’ll have cool stuff going on throughout the venue, photo booths, impressive demeanors, the whole nine! Hope to see you out there….it’s gonna be dope as shit!
DOWNLOAD the ONYX 2.0 Compilation for a taste of what to expect. Tracklist after the jump!
NEW YORK! Next Saturday, I’m co-hosting a dance party at Southpaw in Brooklyn. The legendary DJ Rich Medina will be spinning classic jams the entire night and it’s going to be a good time. No standing around being too cool, just getting it IN. So checkout the FB page and cop advanced tickets here. Make sure you come say hi! See you there! Also, stay tuned for information on these Blind I shows we’ve got in the works. S.O to Suli for designing this flyer!
Most of us are old enough to recall Kevin Powell as a cast member of the first season of MTV’s The Real World (back when it was provocative, ground breaking documentary television and before it descended into “OMG! Everyone is, like, drunk and hot and totally gonna make out!”). What some of you may not know is that Powell has a 25 year career as an activist and writer based in Brooklyn. He is the author of some 11 books and was an integral part of Vibe’s original editorial line-up.
Powell is currently making his second run for Congress in Brooklyn’s 10th Congressional District, which includes the iconic Bed Stuy, Fort Greene and East New York neighborhoods (home to a lot of Hip-Hop history and some of your favorite artists, indluding Jay, B.I.G., Jeru, the GZA, ODB, etc). My interest in Powell’s campaign is twofold: I’m not only a huge fan of his writing and activist work, but I’m also a resident of the central Brooklyn area he wants to represent. And I definitely think the brother represents a change we need around these parts.
For some reason, this song just felt appropriate today.
A little Friday flavor from Jeru the Damaja. Oh, how I love my (adopted)borough! Brooklyn stand UP!
Bitches like you ain’t shit to me/
And don’t talk about R-E-S-P-E-C-T,
‘Cause I treat my Black sisters like royalty
- J DILLA’S RECORD COLLECTION
- ART DONT SLEEP PRESENTS: 12 REASONS TO DIE W/ GHOSTFACE KILLAH x ADRIAN YOUNGE RECORD RELEASE/TICKET GIVEAWAY
- THEMPEOPLE – SMOKE BREAKS || DOPE INSPIRES DOPE
- VIDEO: VIC SPENCER (@VICSPENCER) – DUCK SAUCE (FT. MC TREE @MCTREEG)
- VIDEO: CHANCE THE RAPPER (@CHANCETHERAPPER) – JUICE
- VIDEO: LILI K (@LILIKJAZZ) – NEVER EVER
- VIDEO: YANCEY BOYS – THE THROWAWAY
- ART DON’T SLEEP PRESENTS “THAT 70′S SOUL”
- VIDEO: KAVINSKY – PROTOVISION
- LEGION OF DOOM – ALL DISRESPECT INTENDED
- CLOUDEATER – HYBRID HEART (MESCK REMIX)
- LILI K AND PETER COTTONTALE – METAL PETALS
- STRONG ARM STEADY & OH NO – NO SKY LIMIT (SMOKE ON REMIX) FEAT. DOM KENNEDY
- VIDEO: KARRIEM RIGGINS – SUMMER MADNESS
- MIX: DEECH – 30 MINUTE MIX 4 ACTIVIA BENZ
- formal dresses come in all price ranges8 on TALIB KWELI & RES as IDLE WARSHIP LIVE
- best rate loan on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- David l on A CHALLENGE FROM BUSTA RHYMES
- unsecured loans on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- best loan offers on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- matcha green tea on JAY ELECTRONICA F/ DIDDY-THE GHOST OF CHRISTOPHER WALLACE
- Jeannette on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- Junior on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- best unsecured loan on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
- loan broker on DEF SOUND- OOOOOH!THEE.BITCHTAPE.
Blind I was created with one single aim: to eradicate wackness and promote freshness for the youth. We pride ourselves on creating a portal by which the future leaders of the world can study the freshness factor of those successful people in society and use that factor to procure a position atop the socio-economic ladder. We are influential in many areas of entertainment; from the newest & freshest music, to superb style, movies, news, technology, and everything else that affects a fly individual's life. Blind I is a multimedia corporation designed and operated by connoisseurs of all tastes and trades related to freshness. The company stands as a symbol for the ingenuity of young professionals and as a salute to excellence through a display of natural style & grace.